Month of July

 July has been such a wonderful month, and I’ve been really loving my new program!

In our life skills sessions, I learned some cool facts about sun safety, and I even used my Talklink to answer questions during our quiz. I also walked around the center to watch a demonstration on how to clean windows. I learned how to tie shoelaces today. I really enjoyed watching a YouTube tutorial and practicing the steps on a pair of shoes.

Getting out into the community is always a highlight for me since I love exploring and getting fresh air. I was lucky enough to visit the historic village for a nice stroll along the boardwalk and explored the fairy gardens. I’ve also spent quite a bit of time at the Greerton Library lately. My favorite part was reading a book called Purple Crayon, which kept me super engaged. Walking to and from the library was great exercise, I even made sure to stop, admire, and smell the flowers along the path. 

During Girls Group, I tapped into my creative side by making flower bouquets that smelled so beautiful. Afterwards, we did some coloring, which felt really peaceful and calming for me.

My competitive side definitely came out when we played bowling! My favorite move was walking right up to the pins and dropping the ball straight over the top of them, it had me giggling the entire time.

To wrap up the fun, we had a country-themed music and dance session. I loved watching all the music videos while listening to country greats like Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, and Luke Combs. In another music session we explored 70’s disco music, I enjoyed the upbeat-funky sounds. 

I am having a great time at Arohanui, especially with my new program. I can’t wait to see what next month has in store for me. - TR






Comments

Popular posts from this blog